Monday, July 27, 2009

Miracle in Katipunan Avenue

a dead snail
squashed by shoe
starts to pray for Karma
and Godzilla


Faith Manifest(o)

I will never die on the cross
or under a tank or sprawled
on a tarmac. I will never make peace

with the heaviness in my hands
and the enemy that dies from it.
I will never chant the name of a country

like an open prayer. I will never sing
about anything more than my small pain.
I will never see the world in its entirety.

I will never take aliens to my leader and
they will never take me to theirs. I will never
be torn by the jaws of a tyrannosaurus rex.

I will never tire of free beer and Saturday
nights and jeepney rides through the squalor.
I will never pull my penis out from a beautiful

woman and exclaim Oh! I will never be Scarlet
Johansson nor would I wish to be except
when she's singing karaoke with Bill Murray.

I will never meet God although I have rehearsed
my lines. I will never be a cockroach with wings
built to outlast an atomic bomb at least until

the next life.

No comments: