Friday, June 11, 2010

The Possible Tree

Swallowing a santol seed, I turned to my grandfather and asked
if I would die. He laughed and said darling, santol does not kill.

It only grows into a tree with branches as thick as these –
he flexed his farmer’s arms for emphasis – sprouting out

of your ears. Now whenever words escape me or a song
bursts into a quiet chorus, a furtive finger finds its way

into both canals, checking for leaves. I wait for the world to grow
still. Long after discovering science and frailty, some of us continue

with the story and find out that every event leads to silence, all music
aspires for silence, the interior of sound is silence, already silence

is within us silent and unseen, there is a silence waiting
in an abandoned house in the field, in the shaking walls of the heart.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog, and the bit of randomness to it, yet the fact you write what you feel. Hope to hear more from you. I have really enjoyed reading your posts.

kash said...

Thanks Kelly. With the world in hyper-turn, I'm trying to live with the random snapshots of life I'm allowed. Thank you for liking the snatches. :)

Miguel said...

Wow, I love the visual. I'm reminded of this short story called 'The Green Word' by Jeffrey Ford; it's from a collection of forest myth stories called The Green Man: Tales From The Mythic Forest.

Found your blog via Linkedin; I know, so random. I'm a friend of Akie's, hehe.

Unknown said...

Interesting post you have done here. People likes it. I wish to check out
Virgin Media Email helpline Number

Unknown said...

This is wonderful, I really enjoy your work. Ive recently started sharing some of my works as well, try and check it out sometime; id be honored to know what a pro like you thinks of my works. Leave me a comment.
collingibbspoetry.blogspot.com